Key points of service letter
• Applies to all RV-12/RV-12iS aircraft that are within the first 15 hours of flight or that are under construction.
• Applies to all flying RV-12/RV-12iS aircraft that have exceeded 15 hours of flight without a propeller balance.
• A dynamic balance is required as part of the Production Acceptance Procedure (PAP).
• A balance is required due to observed issues attributed directly to propeller imbalance.
• Read the Service Letter
why prop BALANCing is CRITICAL
• Fatigue issues are often directly attributed to vibration caused by propeller imbalance.
• Airframe vibration can cause poor ADAHRS performance.
• Airframe vibration can cause poor autopilot performance.
• Imbalance can cause vibration that can lead to pitot tube failure.
• Vibration can be a cause of pilot fatigue, numbness and discomfort.
the dynavibe team has been reducing aircraft vibration for decades!
We'll help you choose the right balancer, and walk you step-by-step through the process.
"Simple, Accurate, and Affordable Prop Balancer."
"We recently had the prop overhauled on our RV-3, and that included new blades and some work on the hub—so I expected that we’d need to re-balance it...we borrowed a Dynavibe Classic from a friend, and hooked things up.
Sure enough, we were off by 0.40 IPS on the first try—not horrible, shake your teeth rough, but certainly not where we’d like it.
A couple of runs brought us back inside the generic target of 0.10, and since it was cold and starting to rain, we quit at 0.050 IPS.
I took her out this morning for the first time since the weather had cleared, and the difference was once again remarkable! It’s the old (probably apocryphal) problem of boiling the frog—if you gradually turn up the heat, it doesn’t know that the temperature is rising. With a slight degradation over time, we don’t realize we are losing balance. Then we reset, and all the smooth magic is back!"
- Paul Dye, Editor-in-Chief, Kitplanes Magazine
"Powerful, Professional Prop Balancer and Vibration Analyzer."
"As the Manager of Maintenance at a flight school with over 80 aircraft I am always looking for new ways to make our operation run SMOOTH.
RPX Technologies, Inc the maker of the DynaVibe GX3 has really made a fine piece of equipment.
The GX3 prop balancing equipment is easy to learn to use and has so many features calling it a prop balancer doesn't do it justice."
- Andrew P Wallenstein II, A&P, IA, Pilot